From: "Glen Todd" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] I1b and DYS385a,b Order
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:17:35 -0600

> I just returned from trip through Anglo-Saxon I1a territory
> (Amsterdam, Bremen, Hamburg, Rostock) and trip to Estonia
> where I visited with Dr. Siiri Rootsi of the now-classic 2004
> Haplogroup I paper, and also Dr. Thomas Kivisild. Among my
> 100s of waiting email messages was one from a Dinaric I1b
> fellow measured for DYS385a,b ordering. He was "low/high"
> with a 14,15. This is opposite the basic I1a "high/low"
> ordering. Good to hear that a few more I1b folks are having
> this measurement made.

Welcome back, Ken. Things are indeed hopping. I'm sure that Bonnie
will fill you in on the details, but she seems to feel that I may be a
member of a new 'I' subclade that you and she were working on just before
you left. I'm very interested in what's going on with this. Results
from my 'I' SNP test are due in the next couple of days.

Glen

This thread: