Subject: Help me figure out what happened here
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 02:29:45 EDT

I had a guy join my McWhirter Project named Ingram, and I assumed it was to
check his mtdna, which carried McWhorter. He did check his mtdna, along with
his Y. But it is far more complicated than that, upon seeing the 25 markers.

His Ydna is a 21/25 match with my brother's Ydna...but the McWhorter name is
from his maternal line!

The 2 participants are # 34128 and #16135 at
_http://www.ftdna.com/public/mcwhirter_ (http://www.ftdna.com/public/mcwhirter)

My brother's male line goes back MCWHIRTER at least into Ulster in 1785 when
our Samuel McWhirter was born.

However, Mr. Ingram's line goes like this:

Ingram 1960

Ingram 1895, whose wife was a Thompson

Now this Thompson female was the child of a John Thompson male and a Hooks
Female

The above John Thompson was the child of Elizabeth McWhorter (1840 and
Jordan Thompson

Eliz McWhorter was the dau of John C. McWhorter -1805

John C. McWhorter was the son of Aaron McW 1777, who was the son of George
McWhorter (1735)

WHAAA Happened here? and why do we have a 21/25 match with my McWhirter
line that goes back to N. Ireland as McWhirter?

Amy McWhirter Hutton
McWh*rter DNA Project

This thread: