From: "Glen Todd" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] I1b and DYS385a,b Order
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:13:02 -0600

> Glen, The new variety of "I"? is quite interesting. Who is
> doing your SnP test and why? Did the testing company express
> difficulty in guessestimating your haplogroup from your STRs?
> Where can your haplotype be seen?

FTDNA is doing it. Results are predicted to be back on the 21st of this
month. Originally I ordered it because they'd come up with one prediction
('I') and DNAH had come up with a different one ('R1b'), but also, since the
numbers are unusual, the Genomics project won't take them until I have
haplogroup confirmed. They didn't 'express any difficulty', but as I
said, the guesstimates don't agree with each other. In any case, I'm
interested.

I'll be posting the SNP results here as soon as I get them. The STR
37-marker results have already been posted; I can go back and post them
again if you want.

Glen

This thread: