From: "Peter A. Kincaid" <>
Subject: Strathclyde British haplotype
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:10:36 -0300

The following is not science in anyway! However, I am hoping
to get some feedback on some of you who have done
some ethnic group analysis and have a few numbers on
hand.

I first went on the assumption that the Strathclyde Britons
were R1b. Next I assumed that the Kincaids may be
indicative of a haplotype to the Strathclyde region. I
then compared this to those 25 marker results in the Ysearch
database from Wales. Looking for steady markers I noted
the following as being most common among those I examined.

DYS426=12
DYS392=13
DYS439=11
DYS447=24
DYS448=18

The first two are a given for R1b. Any thoughts on the last
three markers (ie. in comparison to other groups)?

Best wishes!

Peter

This thread: