From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] missing marker
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:19:47 -0600

Without some clear explanation, the assignment of a "24" for a missing
marker seems weird to say the least. What are they guessing if the marker
is missing? Sounds like they are inventing. I suppose the rest of the
haplotype looks rather R1b so Atlantic modal "24" is invented to fill the
hole? But to what end or purpose? Same goes for DYs439 --- why invent a
value if no value exists or can be measured?