From: "louis" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Overall Genetic make-up----comparing Y DNA/mtDNA tests with BioGeographical tests
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:34:58 -0700

John,

I don’t agree with you on this. I feel that mtDNA and YDNA "fingerprints"
do show your ethnic backround ON THAT PARTICULAR LINE BEING TESTED. And
actually, as more data comes in from world populations, and as more markers
start being tested on our mtDNA/Y-DNA molecules, we can know more about the
ethnicity of the specific mtDNA/Y-DNA being tested. For example,
Haplogroup G2 with a certain 37 marker result will most likely be from
Turkey (as opposed to a Central Asian G2 line).

And if you sum up all your distant grandparents YDNA and mtDNA, you approach
your overall ethnic make-up. It's kind of like a limit in Calculus (sort
of).

Your logic doesn’t make sense to me, but thanks for giving me your insight.
I am trying to be open minded to what you are saying, but at this point, I
don’t think you are correct. I would be curious to what others have to say.

Best,
Louis Loccisano