From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS 462
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:37:30 -0700 (PDT)

You can do the conversion option at Relative Genetics for $115 and get 11 additonal markers, including DYS462, if you have done the FTDNA 37. You need to have done at least 25 at FTDNA to get this price. You also have to send in a copy of the FTDNA test results. See:

http://www.relativegenetics.com/product_description.jsp?cid=PC15

RG's 37 markers (43 alleles) are the same as 43 markers at DNAH and FTDNA, since RG only counts duplicated markers once.

DNAH is a little higher for their cafeteria plan ($137.77), but a lot of people use them. It is more personal preference.

The choice of these two vs. Biotix really depends on what you want tested. Biotix offers some unique tests. Once the DNA is extracted, the cost per marker is not very high, considering the ability to pick and choose.

Bob Stafford

Mary Jo Neyer <> wrote:
Dear Anne,

I am asking this question publicly in case others are interested also:
How does my husband order the DYS462? From FamilyTreeDNA? Thanks, Mary Jo