From: "IAN RITCHIE" <>
Subject: sub rugrat level
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:53:08 +0930

Hi list,
Thanks for the rapid response. I've been idling away on the D & G List
whilst trying to fill in a few gaps in my Ritchie Tree,plus a few
sidelines,when some mention of DNA guided me to this list. It certainly made
me sit up even though I didn't understand much of it. I have done nothing as
regards testing,having only noticed it thus far on the far edges of my
vision and assumed it was still in its infancy,so I really must read up from
the many links supplied until I know what to do next.

As far as what I'm looking for I was really just trying to trace my tree
back as far as possible but the ancient origins of my line are of interest
to me too. Then of course there is the whole 'Out of Africa' theory and the
possible human descent from from a small group of females,or one female,in
Africa. But that's another story.

Ian Ritchie

This thread: