From: (John Chandler)
Subject: Re: [DNA] MacDonald Y DNA
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:05:20 -0400 (EDT)

Mark wrote:
> They are each 19 at 576 , a value shared by 19% of R1bs per Whit Athey; 40
> at CDYa, a value shared by 2%, and 40 at CDYb, a value shared by 15%.

The mutation rates for these markers are not well known, but they are
evidently quite high. You really cannot build anything on the
particular values you see.

> meaningful to focus on these particular marker to calculate a combined
> percentage probability or will the John Chandlers believe that 34/37
> aggregate is the only statistically meaningful insight?

It's not at all clear what you mean by a "combined percentage probability"
or how you would go about calculating it. I hope you understand that
linkage disequilibrium always applies to Y DNA markers.

John Chandler

This thread: