From: "louis" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Overall Genetic make-up----comparing Y DNA/mtDNA tests with BioGeographical tests
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:08:06 -0700

Hi Glen,

Well, where I disagree with you is when you say that if you go back to the
time of the American revolution, you have 2 known lines out of 1000.
Actually, if I took the Y DNA/mtDNA fingerprints of all my ancestors who
were living around 1750, I would probably have close to 130 ancestors
tested! I already have about 18 ancestors lines tested as it is. Though
it was a lot of work to "dig up" and find these cousins, who graciously
tested for me.

Also, that brings me to anohter question---what is the upper limit to the #
of ancestors lines that we have?! This would probably have something to do
with Pedigree Col1apse. That would help me figure out the degree of
resolution that I might eventually get to.

Thanks,
Louis