From: ellen Levy <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] PubMed abstract: German / Polish Y chromosome distributions
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:28:05 -0700 (PDT)

If anyone has access and can forward me a copy, I
would truly appreciate it.

I'm particularly intrigued by the finding of R1* in
Germany. We had discussions on the List a few months
back regarding the rarity of R1* and R1a* in general,
making it difficult to pinpoint the origins of the
much more prolific R1a1. What kind of frequency of
R1* did the researchers report finding in Germany?
I'm also curious if the researchers found haplotype
distinctions in R1a1 between Germany & Poland.

Ellen Coffman

--- wrote:

> Hum Genet. 2005 Jun 16; [Epub ahead of print]
>
> Significant genetic differentiation between Poland
> and Germany follows
> present-day political borders, as revealed by
> Y-chromosome analysis.

This thread: