From: "Peter A. Kincaid" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Strathclyde British haplotype
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:13:28 -0300

Further to my last post, I am quite pleased to note that I have
some new evidence about the uniqueness of the 3 marker
combination I gave. I had contacted Bennett Greenspan
to see if they can query their database on the combination. I
am extremely fortunate that he was able to and that he did so.
Thank you Bennett!

He reports that it is indeed a rare combination. He states that
it only represents 0.4 of 1% of their entire database. Since
Kincaid testeess make up about 0.3 of 1%, I think this is pretty
interesting!

Best wishes!

Peter

At 06:53 PM 16/06/2005, you wrote:
>I don't know exactly what you are trying to do, but the 18 at 448 suggests
>NOT I1a or I1c or Dinaric I1b (which are all modal 20), but could be western
>I1b. DYS447 is so volatile you can rarely tell much from it. DYS439 = 11
>is consistent with many groups in Europe.

This thread: