From: "Lowe DNA" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] PubMed abstract: German / Polish Y chromosome distributions
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:26:46 -0500

David, Ellen...

If they did SNP test...how in the world can these
academics state anything... They can only guess at
R1b or R1a..

If they tested for STR markers and nothing else.....then
they can state that and nothing else...

I weary of these shoddy research projects that test
NRY-STR markers and purport that they found such and
such haplogroup(s)...

All of us lay people here now know that the only way
to know about haplogroup is to confirm it with a SNP
test.

Anything other statement by them about haplogroup,
or their readers, is to get out on thin ice with
guesses...and that is not what we should be about
at this list.

"Just the fact mame, just the facts" as Joe Friday
used to say ....

Bill