From: "Lowe DNA" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] PubMed abstract: German / Polish Y chromosome distributions
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:41:15 -0500

John...

Geez...why would the test for SNPS and not report them...
second paper in progress...?

If they don't publish their SNP data how can they infer
they have R1 or R1a1. If I were their the academic chair,
I would have done some red penciling on their paper before
submission.

Most of us now, rugrats included, have a can compare
the YCC chart with their purported results to see if the
paper holds up...

Bill

Bill wrote:
> If they did SNP test...how in the world can these
> academics state anything... They can only guess at
> R1b or R1a..

If you read the abstract, you'll see that they tested for 10 SNPs.
They don't say which ones in the abstract, but they imply that they
tested for R1 and R1a1, plus 8 others.

John Chandler