From: "Mark MacDonald" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Strathclyde British haplotype
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:19:52 -0500

Peter

Of the three markers, 447, 439 and 448 Clan Donald populations have 20 who
are 24 at 447( including me); 14 of those 20 are among the 13 24 14 10
Colla group(vs 25 at the original 25 value for the dalriadic Collas), 3 of
the 20 are at 13 23 14 10 and 3 are at 13 23 14 11. Of the 14 who are 13 24
14 10s with 24 at 447, 4 are also 18 at 448. Thus I question these values as
Strathclyde.

The 13 25 14 11 MacDonalds are often 11 at 439; another group of 13 25 14
11 MacDonalds are 18 at 448. We have interpreted that latter group as
related to McInnis of eastern Ulster. There is no MacDonald which is both
11 at 439 and 18 at 448; those are mutually exclusive groups.

I have three Glencoe MacDonalds who are both 11 at 439 and 18 at 448.

Accordingly, Peter although I would like markers differentiating dalriada
from strathclyde, we aren't there yet.

Mark MacDonald