From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] I am M269+ (R1b1c)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:12:08 -0400

Margretta,

Actually M269 is a step AFTER P25. But as a P25 you are almost certainly
M269 as well because no one has ever found an individual with European
roots who tests P25+ but M269-.

So logically you could say that if someone is M269+, he is necessarily P25+
as well. But going the other way, you could only say that someone with
European roots who is P25+ is ALMOST CERTAINLY M269+ as well on grounds
that no one has ever seen evidence to the contrary. That argument is
associative rather than logical.

(But remember those two guys that Cinnioglu found in Asia Minor who were
P25+ but M269-. What seems to be consistently the case in Western and
Central Europe is only mostly the case some three thousand miles to the
east.)

David W.