From: "gareth.henson" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] What additional tests do I need?
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:54:37 +0100

B.J.

this looks like a variant of I2. I would guess this is very unusual amongst
African Americans.
This is a haplogroup we have been learning a lot about in the past few
months, mainly thanks to Ken Nordtvedt.
12 markers won't tell you much more than 8 but some of the markers in the 25
test will point to a more specific area of northern or central Europe, and
match a smaller range of samples on the ysearch and ybase databases.

Gareth