From: Robert Davenport <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] HIV Immunity from DNA
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:28:16 -0700

This is amazing! A test for HIV immunity, and nobody is interested!

I would think this would be a great test for FamilyTreeDNA, especially
since they have a large Askenazi database who would probably like to know.

It would certainly improve my sex life!

And bring in a lot of new clients. I'm sure my brother and sister would
get tested, if this were one of the things that they could determine. In
fact, a lot of people would get tested.

It would also save the military a lot of money, cheaper to test for this
once, than to test a soldier every six months for 20 years. That's 40
tests for HIV.

Can they test from our original sample for this, or does it have to be new
sample?

Thanks!

At 09:21 AM 6/18/2005, Roberta J. Estes wrote:
>This is the CCR5 delta 32. We discussed testing for it a couple years
>ago, but couldn't get enough people to divide the setup fees in order to
>make it affordable. Search the archives for CCR5 Delta 32.
>
>Roberta Estes

This thread: