From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] RE: interpreting clines (long)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:52:04 -0600

Doug, There is no reference that I know of since I have invented these
procedures myself for my own work (I am sure they overlap with methods
others have developed and use). I am a mathematical physicist, not a
biologist or statistician, so I think about these things from a different
angle. If Jim will give me some slack on length of posting to the list,
I'll lay out everything in a future posting. It ranges from the very formal
(Shannon information content) to the every day working methods with a
database. I will be writing up the former for the academic journals who
like that sort of stuff, but I think the practical techniques are of more
general interest.

Ken