From: "Glen Todd" <>
Subject: New subclade of I - a baby question
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 22:10:08 -0600

I'm still fairly far down on the learning curve, so please bear with me.
I think that I've got figured out that each subclade 'branch' in the
haplogroup/subhaplogroup 'tree' is associated with a particular SNP marker.
Now, my question is this; how does one go about identifying this association
in the first place? For instance, I think that I've got it that P19 is
the SNP for 'I', and P37.2 on top of it for 'I1b'. So, presuming that we
do indeed have a newly identified subclade of 'I', as the consensus seems
increasingly to be, how would we go about identifying the SNP associated
with it?

Glen

This thread: