From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: GENEALOGY-DNA-D Digest V05 #664
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:14:01 -0600

Your haplotype looks I1a of the AngloSaxon variety. I doubt it is Viking
(but lots of AngloSaxon haplotypes got to southern Sweden). The testing
company keeps promoting an out-dated perspective on haplogroup I.

459a,b = 8,9 is the normal and dominant set of values for I1a. Proof of I1a
would be DYS455 = 8. If you are most common Anglo-Saxon you would have
13,14 at 385a,b.

19,21 at YCAIIa,b and 14 at DYS388 are also marks of I1a along with your
other markers.

With AngloSaxon I1a you should have many matches if you do not put all 37
markers including the fast mutators into the search machine. You probably
have a very strange marker value here or there to reduce the number of
matches or near matches.

Ken