Subject: Re: GENEALOGY-DNA-D Digest V05 #665
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:43:41 EDT

Ken,

Everything you say below is true, so I guess I'm forced to put my fantasy of
being related to "Eric the Red" out to pasture. Since my brother and I are
both redheads, it seemed a logical connection.

Anyway, which are the fast mutators I should eliminate from the search
engine? There must be some of them in the 24-location test, too, since I'm only
pulling one exact match there.

Dot

In a message dated 6/19/2005 3:42:00 PM Central Standard Time,
writes:

> Your haplotype looks I1a of the AngloSaxon variety. I doubt it is Viking
> (but lots of AngloSaxon haplotypes got to southern Sweden). The testing
> company keeps promoting an out-dated perspective on haplogroup I.
>
> 459a,b =3D 8,9 is the normal and dominant set of values for I1a. Proof o=
> f I1a
> would be DYS455 =3D 8. If you are most common Anglo-Saxon you would have
> 13,14 at 385a,b.
>
> 19,21 at YCAIIa,b and 14 at DYS388 are also marks of I1a along with your
> other markers.
>
> With AngloSaxon I1a you should have many matches if you do not put all 37
> markers including the fast mutators into the search machine. You probably
> have a very strange marker value here or there to reduce the number of
> matches or near matches.
>
> Ken

This thread: