From: proofer joan <>
Subject: Genetic Diversity in the YHRD
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 05:01:54 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List,

I am trying to calculate a "measure of diversity" for
the top fifty 390-391-392 haplotypes in the YHRD
database (earlier release).

The following data comes only from their 12,727
samples from Europe.

The first and second columns are the 3-marker
haplotypes and their respective occurances.

The third column is the number of unique 7-marker
haplotypes corresponding to each 3-marker haplotype.

The last column is a ratio of column3/column2.

My thanks to Ken, who has commented off-list. He
points that some 3-marker haplotypes may not be of the
same haplogroup and that founder effects may skew the
data.

Nonetheless, does anyone see patterns of interest?

Sincerely, Joan

HT Freg Uni7 Freq/Uni7
24 11 13 1595 89 0.06
25 10 11 1174 135 0.11