Subject: Re: [DNA] Double peak for DYS 19
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 03:36:28 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/05 7:39:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> Does anyone else have this result in their project?
> Any idea of how rare it may be?

Search at http://scholar.google.com for the keywords DYS19 duplication. There
are several citations that look like they're worth following up.
Unfortunately, my computer setup while I'm away from home is very flaky about downloading
PDF files from the Internet, so I can't see the full text right now. However,
I see the number 0.12% in the extracts visible at Google Scholar. The
mechanism would probably be a duplication of a longish stretch of DNA, the same
process that gives rise to other double markers such as DYS385, DYS459, etc.

Ann Turner

This thread: