From: "Russ _" <>
Subject: Haiti-- Any Native American mtDNA to be found there?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:23:40 -0400

I've read studies about mtDNA studies in the Dominic Republic and Puerto
Rico to see if Native American DNA survived there, but I have not found any
studies about Haiti. Will the Genographic Project look at Haiti? Is anyone
discussing a genetic study of Haiti? From what I've seen on the internet,
traditional and Haiti's folk history have it that Native Americans pretty
much died out without leaving descendants on that part of the island. Does
anyone have an opinion on this or know of any future studies to be conducted
on Haiti's genetic history? Personally, I believe this would be right up
the genographic Project's alley.

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee