From: "Dale E. Reddick" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Surname Tolliver
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:39:22 -0400

Oh No!

You can't really mean RHETORICAL!?!

That's just too abtuse, tangential, bouncin' off the wall - WORSE! WHAT
a stretch!!! It's way too much to accept!!!

----------

No, no rhetoric was involved! I've experienced such mispronunciations
since I was a child back in the '60s!

Dale (now I'm really sufferin')
________________________________

Dale E. Reddick wrote:

> Hey Glen,
>
> OK, you've got me lost.
>
> It's past midnight for me...
>
> Though late in the evenin', I am aware that you are exercisin' some
> form of "punnishment" upon my po' ol' unsuspectin' soul.
>
> So, what is it that you mean by your pun-chantial reference to things
> "Rhederick-al...?"
>
> Long-sufferin' Dale
> ________________________________
>
> Glen Todd wrote:
>
>>> Take my surname, for instance. It is regularly mis-pronounced in a
>>> prodigious rate! "Redrick." Rhederick." Et cetera... I've grown
>>> used to it. While not being wholly accepting of Freudian
>>

>> Of course, my pun-chant for such things makes me wonder if some of these
>> might be Rhederick-al...
>>
>> Glen

>> Search the US Census Collection. Over 140 million records added in the
>> last 12 months. Largest online collection in the world. Learn more:
>> http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx

> http://www.ancestry.com/s13972/rd.ashx

This thread: