From: Robert Davenport <>
Subject: HIV DNA Marker - DNA Print Genomics
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:00:36 -0700

I got this response today from one lab. Any ideas on a lab which could
test for this would be appreciated. I checked with my mother, and learned
I have never had measles, which presumably is another indication that you
might have the immunity. From my research, it appears that the marker
might give you immunity to measles, smallpox, HIV, and the black death
(plague).

Dear Robert:

marker - DNA strand CCR5 delta 32 - I have to tell you we currently do not
have the technology available to specify this marker. OUR SNP test shows
general information about a person's ancestry such as the percentages of
DNA from 4 geographical regions - European, Sub-Saharan African, East Asian
and Native American, not identification of specific markers for diseases or
immunity.

Sorry we can not help you in your quest.

Lou Charlton
DNA Print Genomics Inc. Customer Service

This thread: