From: Margaret Smith <>
Subject: Turnaround time
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:04:01 -0600

I posted some time back (4/22/05) that I was waiting for FTDNA to assign
a haplotype to my mtDNA results. Since then they have changed my results
page to indicate that "[w]e have not yet been able to assign your
results to a Haplogroup. If we cannot determine your Haplogroup this
week, we will do more testing, at no charge to you, to make the
determination. Your patience is appreciated."

It has been that way for some time now, and my patience is about to run
out. I am starting to agree with those who believe the Genographic
Project is pushing everything else aside! The original reply from FTDNA
on 4/22 was that they would be "fixing a bug" in their system the
following week. That either didn't happen or was unrelated to the
problem with assigning the haplotype group.

Anyone here with suggestions? The differences from the CRS are as follows:

HVR1:

16223T
16519C

HVR2:

73G
143A
189G
192C
194T
195C
196C
204C
207A
263G
315.1C

Margaret Lindsey Smith, whose maternal line goes back as follows:
Patterson
Dean
Dillard
Briley