From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Haplogroup F*
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:08:56 -0600

Glen, I'm not sure of your question. M170 and M258 are in some sense "not
beyond" P19; they are alternatives for defining haplogroup I, or at least
that's the present conventional wisdom.

Right now FTDNA will test for P19 to establish "I" and then P37 to establish
I1b. For a long time now they have said they will be offering a
comprehensive "I" package of SNPs. But they have not indicated what that
will consist of, or when, given their NGS involvement, they will actually
offer the package.

Last summer Trace Genetics for a few weeks tested further downstream SNPs
for sublclades in "I", particularly I1a. But then they quit this business.

David Faux indicated his new company will do some downstream SNPs in key
haplogroups including "I". I am hoping he can be convinced to do most all
of them within "I". We certainly have an inventory of interesting
haplotypes which could benefit from various downstream SNPs. I think what
is offered by the company will be in part determined by what we, the
customers, indicate we are interested in buying.

Ken