From: "Andrew and Inge" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Haplogroup F*
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 00:50:33 +0200

Ken, perhaps an interesting thing to consider about how well this model has
performed would be the differential results between the Irish, Scottish,
Welsh and English, if the same approach is used on each independently. There
should be some sort of difference?

Ken wrote:

So I took Capelli and counted R1b, I, and R1a. I assumed the I and R1a was
not indigenous or pre-Roman. I further assumed that one continental R1b was
brought to British Isles for every two of the sum of I and R1a (i.e. 1/3 R1b
for the average invading populations). This sort of averages Norway,
Denmark, and Anglo-SAxony compositions.

Under that model I get 1150 aboriginal R1b and 730 continental I, R1a, or
R1b. So I'd say that was rather heavy continental input --- although what
is heavy or light depends on prior belief and expectations. Of course one
can shoot many holes in this first-order model, and I welcome improvements
on the estimates.
Capelli's sampling of British Isles includes a couple Irish sample
populations and a few Scot and a couple Welsh, but mostly English.

This thread: