From: (Raymond Whritenour)
Subject: [DNA] RE: original English people (was Haplogroup F*)
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:06:45 -0400

Andrew:

It's not that I don't believe you. I think I do. However, you and
others on this list make intriguing statements like these, then cite
absolutely NO sources to back up your statements! How are we supposed
to evaluate this information?

Ray Whritenour

Andrew wrote:

Indeed, there still seems to have been Welsh spoken, let alone Welsh
genes, in as Anglo Saxon an area as Cambridgeshire, perhaps as late as
the Norman invasions. Perhaps the introduction of French, making things
a bit too complicated for practical purposes, is what finally killed off
the language in England. - i.e. the language was killed and not the
people. And of course the Welsh language was only a recent
standardisation of what had presumably a far more complex situation.

This thread: