From: "musso1" <>
Subject: Genographic Project Y-12 Results
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:43:08 -0500

I recently received the following Y-12 results from the Genographic Project:

393 19 391 439 389-1 389-2 388 390 426 385a 385b 392

13 14 9 10 14 17 12 24 11 13 14 11

Based on the above results, they placed me in Haplogroup "E3b (M35)."

I'm a newbie and trying to read everything I can get my hands on to understand the significance of my results (btw, your web site is very informative on E3b), and I'm beginning to suspect the Genographic Project hasn't told me the whole story.

My grandfather on my father's side was born and raised in Sicily before emigrating to the US. He spoke Italian and always considered himself to be Sicilian. If I'm understanding the various studies correctly, E3b/M35 is rarely found in Europe. Could it be that I'm actually in one of the subgroups of E3b, and the Genographic Project and its test simply isn't making that level of distinction? Is there any further test I can take that would definitively nail down the exact subgroup I'm in?

Jim Musso

This thread: