From: John Conley <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] "Indigenous, etc."
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:08:06 -0400

> The native Hindu people of Scotland are celbrating their history. Most
> >are indigenous to Glasgow and Edinburgh where there is a significant
> >aborignal population.

Funny you should mention that........I was reading my son's book a bit while
on vacation, he's the anthropologist. The Book was "A Brief History of the
Druids" by Peter Berresford Ellis.

There are references to the similarities between some Druidic customs and
those of the Hindus.

Remember that the Celts and the Hindus abutted each other at one point, and
both are members of what is linguistically called the Indo-European Language
Group, and thus at one point had the same language.

This language group ends up splintering into multiple dialects later.

This thread: