From: "Brad Pierce" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Question about DYS 464
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:46:48 -0500

Thomas, You "strongly suggest" that they are related.
That is quite interesting and why I'm posting.
Familytreedna says that they do not match at 25
markers and are likely not related--that is the
reason I'm trying to decipher the genetic distance
here, at least how Family tree dna calculates it. I
know the difference at 449 is a distance of 2 by
their stepwise model. I'm not sure if the distance
at 464 is a 1 or 2 by their approach.
Either way, the two family groups are off by a
distance of 3 or 4, which by my understanding at 25
markers means they are likely not related. Please
correct me if I'm wrong here.

This thread: