From: "musso1" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genographic Project Y-12 Results
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:04:35 -0500

Thanks Bonnie. I've ordered a 37-marker test from FTDNA (since they already
have my sample from the Genographic Project). It looks like I've found a new
hobby!

I'm grateful to the Genographic Project for introducing me to this whole
field, and I applaud their goals. But I think it's a little misleading for
them to simply label me E3b and make a blanket statement like "Members of
haplogroup E3b bear witness to the great Neolithic migrations out of the
Middle East....The marker is common in southern Italy, southeast Europe and
northern Africa....". The story is really much more complex.

I wish they would have qualified their conclusion by informing me that the
E3b haplogroup has numerous subgroups each of which appears to have its own
distinct migratory pattern. But maybe they're just trying to keep things
simple. I have to admit, it was kind of fun finding that out for myself. I
have a lot more to learn, and I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks again
for your encouragement.

Jim Musso