From: Bonnie Schrack <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] "genetic jigsaw of Britain"
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:11:27 -0400

Looks interesting, Mary Jo!

Amazon in the U.S. barely lists the book, and classifies it for Young
Adults, i.e., ages 12-15 or so. But Amazon UK has more info:

Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 228 -- If this is true, it's astounding! Is
David Miles a well-known author?

Book Description
Who are we? The story of the peoples of Britain and Ireland, drawing on
new genetic discoveries, language, buildings and landscape.

Synopsis
The diverse peoples of Britain and Ireland are revealed not only by
physical characteristics but also through structures and settlements,
place names and dialects. Using the latest genetic and archaeological
research, the author shows how different peoples traded, settled and
conquered, establishing the 'tribal' and regional roots still apparent
today. Its vast scope considers the impact of prehistoric peoples and
Celtic tribes, Romans and Vikings, Saxons and Normans, Jews and
Huguenots, as well as the increasing population movements of the last
century.

Sounds like fun! I'll look forward to hearing from you as to its quality.

Bonnie

This thread: