From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genographic Project Y-12 Results
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:57:11 -0600

I looked at Sicily's top 20 and also did not find much to match your
haplotype. But I would take various combinations of your root haplotype,
throwing out any odd marker values if you know they are odd, or throwing out
one of them at a time, to see how many hits you get from all YHRD's
databases including Sicily.

If you have a rare value (for whatever your haplogroup is) at one or more of
the few markers used in YHRD, you will greatly suppress your hits. There is
no magic bullet other than gaining experience of what subset of your markers
to use to see the frequency of your matches by region.

E3b sounds like an old haplogroup, and although significant, not really
large in Sicily. So it could very well be there without reaching the top
20.

Ken