Subject: Re: [DNA] if there is a point to this indigenous discussion
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:58:55 EDT

Ken has pointedly refererenced this paper recently& at the risk of repeating
a bit, I had studied this data & posted several months ago that I had some
graphs of the I1a, R1a, R1b & other data from the paper (data was emailed to
Ken & me on our request), on my website's DNA Results/Analysis page. The
graphs illustrate the north to south clines of I1a, among other patterns.

These "indigenous" threads are becoming getting diffuse, but I've been
following them, because I'm interested for the reasons that Ellen recently stated.
There's value in them, tho I agree that we're probably excessively nit-picki
ng the definition of basic terms, e.g. "indigenous". However, if we don't
agree on the definitions for basic terms/concepts, it's possible to debate
endlessly w/o ever resolving any issues.

Mike ...

In a message dated 6/25/2005 2:30:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,