From: "mmparker" <>
Subject: Help with test results
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:42:04 -0700

A couple of months ago I received the results of my mtDNA test and there
were no matches. Here are my results:
HVR1 Haplogroup H
HVR1 differences from CRS 16269G
HVR2 differences from CRS 263G; 309.1C; 309.2C; 315.1C

This week I was contacted that there was a low resolution match. I was told
we matched 100% at the HVR1 level. How close a relationship would this be?
The other person did not do HVR2 testing. I am having the subclade test but
will not know the results of that test for a while.

Although I have been researching my family for over 25 years I am a novice
at DNA genealogy and would appreciate some help in understanding the
relationship of the two DNA samples at the HVR1 level. What would the
relationship be at the HVR2 level if there was a 100% match? Thanks.

MM Parker

This thread: