From: "David Wilson" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Now I'm REALLY confused! - Sorry
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:19:14 -0700

Bonnie, not a problem. I didn't take your comments as "sharp" at all. I
thought you were just being succinct, and I appreciated the clarity. I had
tried to interpret some of Ian's mutation tables on the fly without looking
at network diagrams (of which I am inherently suspicious), and I missed a
wonderful chance to avoid spreading uncertainty. Your response to Margaret
was better than mine, and I'm sure she recognized that.

I am still pretty green with mtDNA and I am happy to know that N and R are
nested rather than parallel supergroups. I am also happy to know the power
of 16223T as a discriminant.

So: no offense taken, no apology needed, and thanks for the information.

David