Subject: Newbie help Please
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:43:06 EDT

I don't have any idea what it means.
Is there anyone who knows about this ?

My 1st cousin took a mtDNA and she said that the results show the following

Her mtDNA (maternal line) and the map shows that she has five connections
with Asia (American Indian), 2 Scot, 1 Brit

Does this mean that I am 5/8 indian since 5+2+1=8, therefore 5/8 or is that
too simplistic? Additionally how does the male contribution figure into the
equation.

Perhaps, if there is no male contribution of indian then it woud be half of
5/8 or 5/16 ? Or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks Angela

This thread: