From: Mary Jo Neyer <>
Subject: Etruscan DNA
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:27:17 -0400

This is a question regarding Etruscan DNA. I had written to Bennett
Greenspan asking about Etruscan DNA about a month ago. I was curious
because as a Classics major, we were always taught that the origin of
the Etruscans was disputed. There was a tradition that Etrusans had
come from the area near Troy-hence the Roman tradition that they were
descended in part from Trojan refugees. Bennett replied that not much
was known about Etruscan DNA. I would be grateful for any specific
references to actual research on this topic.
MaryJo

This thread: