From: "David M. Lawrence" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Macro vs. Micro View of Genetic Genealogy
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:15:28 -0400

It's simple. Read the messages you're interested in and ignore the
rest. I do it all the time.

There's no need to split the list. The only problem here are people
insisting "my way or the highway."

I've seen lists split by people who cannot see beyond their own nose.
What happens is that people end up subscribing to both lists for awhile,
getting twice the number of messages that they used to as people
legitimately cross-post to both lists. Eventually the new list withers
as the bombthrower who started it inevitably loses control of his
"vision" and in turn loses interest in the list that he founded.

I am an extrememly busy person who gets hundreds of e-mails each day. I
take responsibility for my e-mail "workload" and trim it down as
necessary with that magical delete button.

Those of you who run surname studies can learn alot from the big-picture
people, and they, in turn, can learn a lot from you. It would be a
shame to see selfishness -- that is what it is -- destroy a wonderful
vehicle for communication among everyone interested in the various
aspects of genetic genealogy.

Later,

Dave

--
David M. Lawrence | Home: (804) 559-9786
7471 Brook Way Court | Fax: (804) 559-9787

"We have met the enemy and he is us." -- Pogo

"No trespassing
4/17 of a haiku" -- Richard Brautigan

This thread: