From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Jefferson-Phoenician DNA
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:21:10 -0600

They said "Phoenician" for the exotic factor, but added to that was a
previous National Geographic/Wells TV program all about the search for the
genetic heritage of the Lebanese, tying them to other peoples around the
Mediterranean who have a tradition of being in areas where Phoenician
colonies had been set up in the distant past. Apparently Rome did not
completely wipe out the population of Carthage. Wells is a publicity
machine! NGS is not far behind. PBS is also following the commercial
Discovery and History channels in taking or commissioning fluffed up
programs designed to reach a broader, less-demanding audience.