From: (David Faux)
Subject: Re: [DNA] P25
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:54:20 +0000

You are entirely correct Bill. Only one member of the family needs to take a SNP test if their haplotypes and paper trail indicate a lineage in common. As to losing sleep, no probably most people are not like myself but when my uncle's M17+ and my M269+ results were confirmed while in Italy I was ready to tip back an icy cold "Limoncello" to celebrate. I suspect that there are others out there with a "need to know" and a refusal to accept anything but the ultimate proof.

David F.

> By the way, even though I have not taken any of the non-FTDNA STR tests, I
> might be interested in the M269 test. The STR tests might be useful for
> separating out the branches of our Hurst line, but only if most of my
> cousins took the test. And I doubt if they will anytime soon, if ever. But
> if I took the M269 test - and passed - then I could tell 14 cousins that
> they are also R1b1c. And I'm sure they are losing sleep now not knowing
> that.
>
> Bill Hurst

This thread: