From: "Jim Bullock" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Macro vs. Micro View of Genetic Genealogy
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:27:29 -0600

I was late getting online today, but I see a number of posts regarding the
number of "haplogroup studies" messages as compared to the "paper trail
studies" messages. This subject was covered at length when Ann Turner was
administrator, and as she said in her recent post, anyone interested in new
subjects just needs to post to the list.

I believe, however, that it is the nature of the two topics that will result
in more posts regarding the haplogroup studies. That's where the scientific
work is being done and where the newest findings are being reported.

On the other hand, once we get results for our Y-DNA tests and have them
analyzed, much of our correspondence will be regarding our paper genealogies
and will be confined to our project participants or surname mail lists.

Using my Bullock Y-DNA project as an example, we have results for 15 men and
are getting some of them upgraded. We understand what the results show; our
only questions have to do with paper trails, so we are working with each
other rather than on this list to resolve those questions. I may, however,
be asking some questions about a group of 3 Bullocks, one of whom was SNP
tested as G2.

Further comments, questions, or suggestions about what is or isn't
appropriate for posting to the list should be directed personally to me.

Jim Bullock
Administrator, Genealogy-DNA Mail List

or

This thread: