From: "Jim Bullock" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Help with email format please
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:43:07 -0600

Marie,

First, when you have questions about using a Rootsweb mail list, they should
always be directed to the list administrator, not to the mail list.

To answer your question: you have subscribed to the list in digest mode
rather than in list mode, so your messages come in batches rather than
individually. If you meant to subscribe in list mode, you should
unsubscribe from digest mode using

with only the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Then subscribe using

with only the work subscribe in the body of the message.

If, however, you did want the digest but are wondering why the messages are
coming as attachments, the answer is in your email program. This is common
with programs such as Microsoft's Outlook and Outlook Express. That's just
the way they work. It you don't care for that way of receiving digests, you
could subscribe with a Yahoo or other similar free email program. (I
personally use Yahoo for the digest mode for some lists.)

Jim Bullock
Administrator, Genealogy-DNA Mail List

or