From: "William Hurst" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Macro vs. Micro View of Genetic Genealogy
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:32:59 -0400

> Hi Bill,
>
> Do you have anyone descended from "Pass Run" John Hurst in your surname
> DNA
> study? It appears that a goodly number of the Hursts in Putnam Co., IN are
> descended from this man.
>
> Sharon

Sharon, we have three descendants of John "of Pass Run" Hurst, AKA John
"Millcreek." A05 and A08 are my favorite examples of fairly close cousins
having the greatest genetic distance; they are 34/37 with each other, but
35/37 and 36/37 with the ancestral haplotype (from John's grandfather). I
would have to do some research to find if they are from the Putnam County
group. A13 is a 25/25 match with the ancestral (and Ernie and me). See:
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/hurst/

Bill Hurst

This thread: