From: (David Faux)
Subject: RE: [DNA] Re: SNPs for Haplogroup I
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:35:32 +0000

Glen:

If someone can locate the sequences for this marker (perhaps we have simply overlooked P38 somehow but it is not in the master spreadsheet we use) then please help us here. I suspect, however, that it may be under the wing of Dr. Hammer and I am unclear as to why this data is apparently unavailable to those who wish to create primers for a marker that has been used in a publication. I know that at one time FTDNA was going to offer a comprehensive "I package" but that this has been "delayed". I don't know if this is in any way relevant to the present situation.

David F.

> > David ...
> >
> > I'd like have M307 & P40 tested. Ken & I had the identical
> > results with Trace Genetics: P30+, P40+, M307- for I1a1.
> > With Phil Goff that's 3 I've seen so far :-)
>
> Well, for me (and the Ix project) the kicker seems to be the perennially
> problematic P38 (how's that for alliteration?). Without that, I don't see
> how we can tell the difference between I* and I1*, and I think that there's
> sort of a consensus that Ix is in one or the other.
>
> Glen

This thread: