From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Macro vs. Micro View of Genetic Genealogy
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:04:55 -0600

Carol,

If you could start any project which would focus light on the ydna of the
French Swiss, even the French French, or the German Swiss and Italian Swiss,
that would be very welcome. Those regions of Europe are only weakly covered
in the best of the databases right now; yet I feel some of the most archaic
and therefore interesting varieties of haplotypes for haplogroup I will be
found in the alpine area, and as far as the area of France is concerned, the
present databases are just weak in numbers.

Ken (a fellow mit alum but mtDNA U5b...)

More recently I've
> been dipping a toe in the Y-DNA streams, and I'm actually
> thinking of starting two Y-DNA projects.
>
> Carol Botteron (that's French Swiss) <>
> mtDNA J1b1

http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx

This thread: